Roasting pumpkin really changes the flavour and texture and flavour of this great root vegetable – baking it in the oven on a high heat, with a little olive oil and a good pinch of salt makes it wonderfully sweet and sticky. Rather than a recipe, here are some ideas for how to use your roasted pumpkin:
- Roasted pumpkin with blue cheese, a drizzle of honey, and toasted pumpkin seeds.
- Roasted pumpkin salad, with feta or goats cheese, caramelized onions, rocket and toasted pine nuts.
- Roasted pumpkin with honey and fresh thyme.
- Roasted pumpkin with goats cheese and mint.
- Roasted pumpkin with burrata, pomegranate seeds, and toasted pine nuts.
- Roasted pumpkin, crispy prosciutto, crispy sage or basil, and mozzarella.