Ingredients: Serves 4
(Option: add chicken or beef – get creative with whatever veggies you have: broccoli, mushrooms, courgettes etc.)
- 200g dry noodles – rice or wholewheat is a good options
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced thinly – using a peeler is a good idea
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped for serving
- 100g mangetout / sugar snaps
- 100g bean sprouts
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, low salt
- 1 juice of a lime
- ½ tsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Place the dried noodles in a heatproof bowl and add boiling water from the kettle. They will take approximately five minutes to cook. When the noodles are cooked, drain them in a sieve and rinse the noodles under cold water – set aside.
- In a large pan or wok, over a medium heat, add the sesame oil then add the garlic.
- Fry for a couple of minutes then add in your chopped veggies, apart from the spring onions – make sure the carrot is thin so that it cooks fast – stir occasionally for 5 minutes until tender.
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a separate bowl – add more soy sauce or honey to your liking.
- Once veggies are cooked, add the noodles and the sauce, combine well.
- Serve with chopped spring onion and if you wish some roasted, chopped peanuts.