Ingredients: Makes 3-4, portions can be small as it’s quite rich
- 2 ripe avocados
- 80g of 85% dark chocolate (you could use 70% but adjust the honey to taste).
- 2 tbsp honey / agave etc.
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ juice of an orange
- ½ zest of an orange
- Pinch of salt
- Melt the chocolate.
- Add the avocado to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Now add the melted chocolate, juice of half an orange, pinch of salt, ginger and honey (start with 1 tbsp first and adjust to taste). Blend.
- Now add in the zest of half an orange and pulse.
- Once happy with the texture and flavour, keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
- When serving, top with orange zest and something crunchy like raw cocoa nibs or even toasted flaked almonds, alternatively whip up some vegan shortbreads to serve alongside it.